GREETING AT ST. MARKS
Our St. Marks Mission statement: A WELCOMING, GROWING CATHOLIC FAMILYTHAT CONTINUOUSLY EXPERIENCES AND JOYFULLY SHARES THE LOVE OF GOD
Those wishing to join the Greeter Ministry are encouraged to email or callCathy at [email protected] or 208-841-1978
- If you are unable to greet on your assigned day, please contact Cathy and Teresa at [email protected] OR Cathy at 841-1978 or Teresa at 484-9487
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to Mass.
- This is a great time to wear your “Sunday best”.
- Get a generic nametag from the room where Father Adrian hears confessions. Remember to return the name tag before leaving the church. If you have your own nametag, you may leave it in the room with the generic nametags or keep it with you. Everyone should wear a nametag.
- Prepare prayerfully. The first words from you to arriving parishioners must be words of welcome.
- Greet everyone. Be on the lookout for visitors, new members or those who may need special attention (Moms with babies and/or small children, people using crutches, walkers or wheelchairs)
- Stand by all the doors before AND after Mass.
- SMILE and look people in the eye.
- Greet with “Welcome to St. Mark’s” or “good morning or evening” as appropriate.
- Close all doors to the sanctuary when the procession is well down the center aisle.
- Do not hand bulletins to parishioners as they come in (request from the Liturgy Committee). It’s ok if parishioners help themselves to a bulletin.
- Be familiar with the interior layout of the church (all exits, restrooms, drinking fountain, lost/found, sacristy, cry room, headphones for those with hearing concerns).
- Be prepared for EMERGENCIES
The First Aid Kit, provided for us by our Faith Community Nurses, is located on top of the file cabinet in the unlocked room (near the Resurrection Room) across from the main church office. If you should use anything out of the bag, please put the packaging in a zip lock bag which is in the emergency bag so that it can be re-ordered in order to keep the bag fully stocked.
The AED is located on the wall (near the last door to the main entrance) in the vestibule. Remember your Hands Only CPR skills!
Emergency exists (located on the right side of the church as you face the altar and near the restroom past the Cry Room) as well as all regular exists.
I (Cathy) will email, text or phone you on Thursday before the weekend when you are scheduled to greet just as a reminder and to let you know of any special events such as a baptism or if we are asked to distribute any handouts (not bulletins).
Thank you for volunteering with the GREETER ministry!
Extraordinary Ministers Handbook & Guide Assistance
Dress to Serve NEW Updated 07/01/2021