"Let no one disregard you because you are young, but be an example to all the believers in the way you speak and behave, and in your love, your faith and your purity." - 1 Timothy 4:12
So what is IMPACT?
At the core, IMPACT is a response to our teens wanting to be able to live out their faith. As a Youth Minister I'm constantly asked how can our teens successfully become disciples of Christ? I believe that by learning to become leaders within their faith and having a true understanding of service and evangelization, our teens can go out and genuinely have an impact in their community. Through bible studies, communal gatherings, worship, and prayer, our goal is to help facilitate the continual conversion of our youth.
What opportunities are available for the youth?
We currently offer multiple opportunities for our youth to grow.
- Sunday Night Coffee House
- After the 5pm Teen Mass we host a communal gathering in Donoghue Hall for high school teens to experience worship, prayer and discussion.
- Thursday Evening Bible Study
- An important part of our teens being successful leaders is knowledge and understanding of the faith and religion. On Thursday nights from 6-7pm St. Mark's will be hosting a Bible Study to help deepen that understanding.
- Monthly Service projects
- St. Mark's Youth Ministry will host a variety of monthly service projects. From picking up trash at Table Rock to feeding the homeless, our goal is to have an impact in our community.
How can you help?
A crucial part to the success of Youth Ministry at St. Mark's is the dedication of our volunteers who make up our Core Team. St. Mark's Youth Ministry is constantly looking for strong Catholic adults to help guide and lead our youth. Here is what we're currently looking for:
- Small group leaders for Sunday night Coffee House
- Small group leaders will be responsible for 8-12 teens. The goal is to connect relationally and spiritually, so that we can guide and challenge our teens to grow within their faith. We're not looking for theologians, but rather Catholic adults who are looking to invest in the lives of our teens.
- Catechists for our Thursday night Bible Study
- We're looking for dedicated Catholic adults who want to help with the formation and continual conversion of our teens. Small groups would consist of 5-10 teens and you would meet on Thursdays from 6-7pm. These Thursday night Bible Studies are aimed at deepening the knowledge and understanding of our faith and religion.
- Support team
- We always need help in the kitchen with food prep and clean up
- Setting up and cleaning the hall before and after our Sunday night Coffee Houses
- Preparing materials for both Sunday and Thursday nights
I'm excited to be a part of everything St. Mark's is working towards and I cannot express enough gratitude for the constant support I receive. As we move forward I ask that you continue to pray for our ministry and if you feel called to serve please email (link is below) or call me at any time.
Jr. and Sr. High Youth Minister
Phone # 375-6651, ext. 110