REPORTS TO: FACILITY MANAGER
STATUS: Non-exempt, part-time, hourly, Sunday – Thursday with some flexibility, average 20 hours per-week, not to exceed 30 hours per week without pre-approval.
Responsible for assisting the facility manager as directed with primary responsibility for janitorial and grounds cleaning and maintenance, with occasional assistance to facility manager in maintaining, renovating, restoring and seeing to the upkeep of the building, mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems and conducting preventive maintenance.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES & REGULAR ACTIVITIES
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS
- Must have ability to perform outlined tasks with little supervision
- Must be self-motivated
- Respond to needs of staff, parishioners and guests in a friendly and timely manner
- This position requires frequent lifting
- Exposure to climate changes and temperatures
- Standing for long periods
- Some weekend snow removal
- Works with machinery requiring considerable caution
- On-call availability for emergencies if within scope of responsibility
- Assist in the cleaning of all facilities including but not limited to the following:
- Vacuum floors as directed
- Mop all hard floor surfaces as directed
- Dust as directed
- Clean windows as directed
- Clean and refill Baptismal font at least every 2 weeks as directed
- Clean all bathrooms with appropriate cleaning supplies to provide a clean, disinfected and well maintained appearance as directed.
- Restock all bathroom paper products as directed.
- Empty all trash cans and feminine canisters, remove trash to the dumpster and reline trash cans and feminine canisters with new liners as directed.
- Maintain janitorial closet in neat, clean and organized manor.
- Spot clean facility as needed during the day.
- Important instructions regarding cleaning office areas:
- Do not disturb desks, computer workstations, open file cabinets or files.
- Honor and maintain confidentiality
- Lock offices when cleaning is complete
- Assist in the preventative maintenance of grounds equipment
- Assist in maintaining grounds (mowing, general yard care, trimming and pruning, fertilizing and insect/weed control)
- Assist in snow removal as required
- Assist by sweeping and maintaining sidewalk and parking lots
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of the irrigation system
- Report identified health and safety issues
- Report energy utilization and consumption problems
- Assist facility manager in maintenance, repairs, painting and installations as required
Receptionist at Saint Mark’s
St. Mark’s is currently seeking an individual to be one of the welcoming faces of the parish.
This part-time position assists with the ministry of the parish by exhibiting Christ-like hospitality to those who enter the parish office or call on the phone. Because the position also includes clerical support for the staff, the ideal candidate will have office experience and be familiar with Microsoft Word and other office applications. Active Catholics with strong organizational and communication skills are encouraged to apply. For details and a more complete job description, please contact Richard Kulleck, Director of Parish Operations at St. Mark’s; 208-375-6651.
Jobs at St. Mark's School
Instructional Aide – Part-time OR Full-time
St. Mark's Catholic School, Boise, Idaho
- Under the direction of the school principal is responsible for supporting the Diocese of Boise in its mission to evangelize, catechize, and educate youth in a Catholic School environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recognize and supports the unique Catholic Mission of the school by speaking, acting, and providing instruction assistance consistent with the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Assist the classroom teacher with student supervision including assisting with lessons and field trip planning and related supervision
- Assist with supervision of parent helpers and compliance with safe environment and other school requirements.
- Assist with the school lunch program and playground supervision as necessary
- Be able to communicate effectively with students; be able to help organize classroom learning and materials and field trips to motivate student learning.
- Consistently and effectively assist in the evaluation of student progress.
- Assist the teacher with a consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image, and motivate learning
- Help to maintain a functional and pleasant learning environment
- At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in all tasks assigned; display sound judgment in dress and general behavior
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A working knowledge of and a strong commitment to the mission of fostering lay leadership in the Catholic Church
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and be well-organized; must be a team player
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in the use of computer technology including word processing; ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Flexibility in assessing needs and strategies and adapt appropriately in a school environment
- The ability to successfully complete a criminal history and background check
- Professional bearing and clean and neat personal appearance
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution preferred
- Previous classroom experience preferred
Email the following to Donna Gordon, principal, firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Cover letter, explaining your interest in the position
- Diocesan Application for Employment
The job closes when the position is filled