Fall classes begin Sept. 8th at 7 pm
- Are you yearning for something more in your life?
- Are you interested in learning more about the Catholic Church?
- Are you married to a Catholic and attend Mass but just don’t know what the next step is to becoming Catholic?
- Are you unbaptized but recognize a need for spirituality in your life?
- Are you a baptized Catholic or baptized in another religion, but never received any formal religious education?
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is a spiritual journey in faith to discover what it means to follow Jesus as a Catholic Christian and the joy and freedom that can result from journeying with Christ. The Rites or ‘mileposts’ along the journey help to continually discover God’s path and expectations for each person.
- Is this the time for you to consider a journey with the Lord to discover the fullness of the Catholic Church?
- Do you know someone who has expressed an interest in our Catholic faith?
- Have you thought about becoming Catholic?
- Have you always wanted to complete your sacraments of initiation?
If you sense a desire to experience the joy of the Lord in the Catholic Church, we extend a continuous invitation to please come and speak with us. You are WELCOME.
RITE OF CHRISTIAN INITIATION OF ADULTS
Period of Evangelization and Precatechumenate
This is a time for inquiry and introduction to Gospel values
Acceptance into the order of Catechumens
This is the liturgical rite that marks the beginning of the catechumenate proper, as the precatechumens express and the Church accepts their intention to respond to God’s call to follow the way of Christ.
Period of the Catechumens
This is the time for nurturing and growth of the catechumens’ faith and conversion to God.
Election or enrollment of names
This is the liturgical rite by which the Church formally ratifies the catechumens’ readiness for the sacraments of initiation and the catechumens, now called the elect, express the will to receive these sacraments.
Period of purification and enlightenment
This is the time period immediately preceding initiation into the Church.
Celebration of the Sacraments of Initiation
This is the liturgical rite, usually part of the Easter vigil, by witch the elect are initiated through baptism, confirmation and the eucharist.
Period of post baptismal catechesis
This is the time following the celebration of initiation, during which the newly initiated experience being fully part of the Christian community and participate with all the faithful in the Sunday Eucharistic celebration.
Rite of Christian classes begin late August and culminate with the celebration of the Easter Vigil. To register, or for more information about the 2009-2010 class contact Phyllis Sawyer in the parish office: 375-6651 x107